Indoor gardening is becoming popular in all the cities throughout the world due to high-rise apartment living and less available land for gardening. Anxiety, obesity, depression, and many other illnesses are increasing in today’s lifestyle, especially in the urban life. Gardening is one of the measures which can provide relaxation, and enjoyment and improves the mental and physical health of individuals caught in the urban jungle.
● Growing plants indoor purifies the air and removes toxins. Improved air quality reduces the risk of respiratory disorders, headaches, and eye irritations.
Gardening or growing plants improves human mental health.
Growing your own plants reduces the risk from chemical or pesticides that we buy from the supermarkets.
- Indoor gardening is relatively cost effective, can be low maintenance and pest free.
- Indoor gardens can provide fresh produce.
“Hydroponic” is Latin for working water. It is the art of growing plants without soil. There are more than six types of Hydroponic or Soilless Gardening Systems and each function differently, but in all the cases, plants receive nutrients in some form of water.
- Drip Growing Systems
- Wick Systems
- Water Culture
- Ebb and Flow or Flood and Drain
- Nutrient Film System
Akarina 14 Hydroponic gardening or planters are becoming popular in the cities of Japan and Tokyo where most people do not have access to garden plots.
Akarina 14 LED Hydroponic Grow Box features:
- Size : 210 x 100 x 274mm (8.3 x 3.9 x 10.8")
- Weight : 1.3 lbs
- Timer function : 16 hours of light a day
- Light dimming function: four levels (adjustable)
- Power: AC100V 50/60Hz, DC12V
- Includes seeds (around 20)
- Panel lids * 5
- Cultivation Sponges - 10
- Liquid fertilizer - 1
- AC adapter - 1
- Instructions in Japanese