There are a number of reasons as to why you would want to use your laptop as a Wi-Fi hotspot, for instance in an event that you do not have a Wi-Fi router and you only have one network cable and four people who would want to access the internet, turning your laptop to a Wi-Fi hotspot will be the way to go.
In this article, I will be sharing with you the steps you should take if you are looking at using your laptop as a Wi-Fi hotspot. N/B: For PC users only (Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 8.1) There are plenty of apps which you could easily utilize when it comes to using your laptop as a Wi-Fi hotspot and in this article we will be focusing on Connectify. Before proceeding you will need a Windows personal computer that has a Wi-Fi adapter (or Wi-Fi) for this app to work properly.
1. First download Connectify and install it on your PC. Once the installation is complete, restart your computer.
2. Once you have restarted your computer, check whether it has been connected to the Internet. If so, run the Connectify Hotspot app which you have just installed.
3. You will see two tabs once the app is opened that is Settings and Clients. Click Wi-Fi Hotspot which is in the Settings tab, under "Create a...".
4. There is a drop-down menu under Internet to Share. Expand it and select the connection which you want to share. It should work well for both wired and wireless connection.
5. Under that, you will see some more options which are available for you. Add a Wi-Fi password then Click Start Hotspot.